Grow 1 – Day 8

aviary-image-1485115901200

I realized late last night that the seed leaves were trapped by some sort of membrane like material left over from the seed. I gently removed it with some tweezers and the leaves immediately opened up revealing the beginnings of the first set of real leaves as well. The yellow spot on the left leaf is from part of the stuff I removed blocking light on that spot I think and has gotten less yellow since last night. I’m letting the soil dry out (no more spraying) so I can do a nice thorough watering with run-off next time I think it needs water. Has been a week now since I first planted the seed. Temperature has been 70 and humidity has been around 45 still…room seems pretty consistent.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s